Monday, January 12, 2015


WHAT WILL I DO IF SOMEONE INSULTS CHRIST?

      According to BBC report, the Islamic militants who stormed the Paris office of the French satirical paper, Charlie Hebdo on the 7th of January were heard shouting as they viciously mowed down twelve lives, We have avenged the prophet Mohammed!"

      Let me be very clear, I do not agree with Charlie Hebdo's methods. I think it is counterproductive and perhaps mean-spirited to disrespect or insult the prophet Mohammed; a prophet revered by billions of Muslims all over the world.

      As a Christian, I'll get mad if a cartoonist or some secularist decides to insult my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. But will I get even? Will I strap a Kalashnikov and go after the blasphemers of Christ?

      The answer is a resounding no! I may get mad and I may bare my teeth in a vicious snarl, but I'll never seek to avenge Christ. My reason is simple: Christ is big enough to take care of Himself.

No comments: